Data Center Strategy and Site Development Manager – Ashburn, VA
This position is also available in: Santa Clara CA, Portland OR, Denver CO, Chicago IL, Charlotte NC, Atlanta GA, Dallas TX and Toronto ON.
Our client is looking for a Site Development Manager. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience leading data center and infrastructure development efforts, including ownership due diligence and licensing, site and facility design, utility interconnection, finances and taxes. The candidate should also understand municipal issues as they relate to site strategy and land acquisition.
- Lead infrastructure development activities, including negotiation of land deals and support agreements
- Develop and manage project budgets
- Assist in the development and management of project budgets and participate in data center site localization efforts
- Managing due diligence and permitting efforts, optimizing utility and network interconnections, collaborating with design and construction teams
- Negotiate data center development transactions, including supporting legal real estate procedures
- Maintain strategic relationships with stakeholders in the region
- Collaborate with the sales team to offer custom build opportunities and product development
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, construction or engineering, master’s a huge plus
- 3-6 years of experience developing data center sites and other mission critical facilities
- Previous experience with acquisition of existing sites/assets
- Involved in the placement of vertical telecom assets
- In-depth understanding and experience in conducting complex transactions
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects with internal staff, external consultants, vendors and other stakeholders
- Ability to effectively communicate complex business and market information and analysis at all organizational levels to include senior management, utility partners, government officials and local stakeholders
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must pass a comprehensive background check
- Travel required is 25-50%
Qualified candidates can send their CV to [email protected] (CV on pkaza dot com) with 15306048 in the subject. After applying, if you have any further questions, you can call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit through our career portal and also see all of our critical plant openings at: https://jobs.pkaza.com
If this job isn’t for you – feel free to pass it on to someone who might be a good fit – WE PAY FOR RECOMMENDATIONS!!
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third-party employment company. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by the employer we represent and not by the candidate.